Welcome to the NYIslesScene!

A blog by a long time New York Islanders fan who stays true to the fellas wearing orange, white and blue…but thinks the Islanders organization has some shaping up to do.



Islanders 2014-15 Season Mantra

Try not. Do...or do not.

~Yoda


Friday, October 31, 2008

New Third Jersey

Before the Isles v. Rangers game I was invited to join my friend Dom for the Islanders Business Club's revealing of the third jersey. A guy I met at the event stated the Isles changed the color to navy blue to make it more marketable. However as my next door neighbor at the games, Tom pointed out that the navy blue looks like black on the ice, which makes the players look more like Flyers than Islanders. I would think Tom's point trumps marketability.

Too bad this guy doesn't have a pulse, we could use him on D.


Bobby Nystrom and Clark Gillies. Bobby Nystrom was (and still is) my favorite Islander. As a young kid I couldn't tell who was who on the ice but Nystrom was easy to follow because his blonde hair stuck out of his helmet. I wore #23 for almost all of my athletic days...playing R/L wing to boot.

No comments: