Welcome to the NYIslesScene!

A blog by a long time New York Islanders fan who stays true to the fellas wearing orange, white and blue…but thinks the Islanders organization has some shaping up to do.



Islanders 2014-15 Season Mantra

Try not. Do...or do not.

~Yoda


Wednesday, November 7, 2007

All About Al


It was great to finally see the Isles play at the Coliseum this season – from center ice in section 203! For me this game was all about Al coaching again since there was no doubt in my mind that the Isles would win. Because I was in la la land for most of the game while memories from childhood Islander days swirled around my mind, I’ll sum up what I witnessed - the Isles came back and kicked Penguin butt. Seeing Coach Arbour again after all these years along with former Isles was quite an emotional experience. During the post-game ceremony there weren’t many dry eyes around me. Hearing a father explain to his daughter who Al Arbour was gave me warm fuzzies. It was a warm fuzzy night overall. So I’ll leave it at that for now and get to the ice twirls, school bus yellow goalie pads, “shoot already!”, the face painting stand, and my desire for Islander flip flops another time.

whoops almost forgot…

Hey you! guy with the headset on directing everyone on the ice at the ceremony– dude try and remember we can all see you out there getting frustrated and pushing people where they are supposed to go. I recommend some Rescue Remedy before going on the ice.

Q: what do you get when the two most popular players on each team clash in the way that they did and during the particular game that they did?
A: sports psychology fodder


LET'S GO ISLANDERS!!

No comments: