Welcome to the NYIslesScene!

A blog by a long time New York Islanders fan who stays true to the fellas wearing orange, white and blue…but thinks the Islanders organization has some shaping up to do.



Islanders 2014-15 Season Mantra

Try not. Do...or do not.

~Yoda


Sunday, April 25, 2010

And Two More Picks Bite the Dust.

I'd like to pay my respects to another two of my playoff picks, the Colorado Avalanche and Ottawa Senators. Though they fought bravely and surprised everyone who ever doubted them, Craig Anderson, Matt Duchene and the rest of the Avs were defeated last night by the San Jose Sharks, 5-2, and lost the series four games to two. Also, the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Ottawa Senators, 4-3 in OT on Pascal Dupuis' goal, taking the series four games to two as well. I am now 0-3 on the first round. Ugh.

Well... I have some serious hopes hinging on the Phoenix Coyotes now, as they take on the Red Wings in Game 6 at 2 p.m. and are on the brink of elimination themselves. I had a dream last night that Ilya Bryzgalov allowed a soft goal in OT, giving the Wings the series win... I'm praying to the hockey gods that that stays only in my subconscious. PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU. I have to win at least one of these rounds.

Anyway... the Kings and Canucks also play tonight, and with the Kings losing big in their last two matches, they need a wake-up call if they want to stay in it. Stay tuned.

No comments: