Welcome to the NYIslesScene!

A blog by a long time New York Islanders fan who stays true to the fellas wearing orange, white and blue…but thinks the Islanders organization has some shaping up to do.



Islanders 2014-15 Season Mantra

Try not. Do...or do not.

~Yoda


Friday, February 5, 2010

Witt Clears Waivers

In my hullabaloo about Josh Bailey and the Isles' poll, I forgot to mention that Brendan Witt cleared waivers last night and will be playing in Bridgeport. The Islanders apparently have no intention of putting him on re-entry waivers.

Witter had a couple of good years with the Isles that got overshadowed by injury, frustration, and a disagreement with the new system Scott Gordon had in place. Even so, he definitely loves the game and was a great addition to our team, and as a big supporter of his, I'm sad to see him go. As I've said before, best of luck, Brendan, and I hope you do well. Thanks for providing us with some great hits and warrior attitude. :)

No comments: