Welcome to the NYIslesScene!

A blog by a long time New York Islanders fan who stays true to the fellas wearing orange, white and blue…but thinks the Islanders organization has some shaping up to do.



Islanders 2014-15 Season Mantra

Try not. Do...or do not.

~Yoda


Friday, February 13, 2009

Guess Who?

Dear Blog,

I apologize for not updating sooner. I have been extremely busy lately, and although I watched the entire LA Kings game (a shootout loss, 4-3, on the stick of Jack Johnson who then saw fit to rip the Coliseum in an interview- love you too, kid), I was not even remotely tuned in on the night of my birthday. I did, however, see the sick goal by Kyle Okposo (boy, do I love replays and highlights!) and I also saw the great goals by Zach Parise, aka IsleKiller. The work ethic was there- however, the intensity and offensive pressure has been missing for a while, and it just discourages me, ya know?

Not to say we're not doing a good job. The Islanders have, hopefully, turned a corner. But there's more bad news on the horizon: Trent Hunter and Doug Weight are back out of the lineup. Weight could miss up to six weeks with a sprained MCL. Not good news, especially since he's been a huge part of whatever offense we've been able to muster in our past few games. And then when you consider that Mark Streit is out with his injury (upper body?)... let's just say we're in trouble. Try as they might, Joey and Yann Danis still can't score goals just yet.

So, Blog, it looks as though things are not going too well on the Island as far as health goes, and it could be hurting us soon. But the Isles are playing the Philly Flyers (eech) tomorrow, Valentine's Day, at 1 pm... maybe a win will help us make the icky holiday a little more bearable!

Love,

Angie

No comments: