Welcome to the NYIslesScene!

A blog by a long time New York Islanders fan who stays true to the fellas wearing orange, white and blue…but thinks the Islanders organization has some shaping up to do.



Islanders 2014-15 Season Mantra

Try not. Do...or do not.

~Yoda


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

JT Finds Points Galore in Vancouver Rout

Islanders 5: Canucks 2

Well, well, well... where has this #91 been?!

That's probably what many Isles fans are saying of center John Tavares today. He factored into all five Islander goals last night in Vancouver, scoring two and assisting on the other three, capping off a great night and a 5-2 win. Dylan Reese (who?) scored his first career NHL goal, while Freddy Meyer and Matt Moulson also tallied goals. Kyle Wellwood and Alexandre Burrows got the Canucks on the board.

Of course, I was unable to watch this game, but I got plenty of news about it thanks to my friend Matt- he gave me the shock of my life when he told me JT had scored two goals and had five points on the night. After struggling with production for much of the calendar year 2010, it seems as though Tavares has found some kind of start-up again. Who knows how long it might last- all I know is, I'm hoping it does for a while. Offense is one thing the Islanders really need, as everyone knows, so if we have our #1 draft pick putting up big numbers for the next couple of games (or even a goal or a couple of assists or something) it would definitely help.

As for me... I really, really need to get back to watching some games. NHL Center Ice, where are you?????? Day #34 of Islanders withdrawal, and it's getting severe. :(

No comments: