Welcome to the NYIslesScene!

A blog by a long time New York Islanders fan who stays true to the fellas wearing orange, white and blue…but thinks the Islanders organization has some shaping up to do.



Islanders 2014-15 Season Mantra

Try not. Do...or do not.

~Yoda


Monday, January 19, 2009

Isles Get a Point... Now For Two...

Capitals 2: Islanders 1 (OT)

Thank goodness for score alerts.

My teachers must think a three-day weekend means they can bombard me with as much work as is humanly possible, seeing as I've managed to have to hand in two projects on the same day. (Thanks very much, guys.) So instead of watching a great game, I was stuck in front of my computer typing up a three-page AP English paper on Crime and Punishment. (Ever read that book? Yeah, don't.)

I was able to see part of the first period- Alexander Ovechkin's 30th goal of the year (honestly, it's amazing how good he is), on the PP with Brendan Witt in the box. Then it was off to the PC for an afternoon of typing, looking up information (shh, we weren't supposed to do that), tearing my newly-cut hair out, and more typing. I finally finished at 5:20 p.m., with the Isles score still fresh in my mind.

The obvious good thing about today's outcome was that the Islanders were able to hold the Caps to just one goal over three periods of play, and that they made the necessary effort to push the game to OT, off the stick of Kyle Okposo in the third period. (Have I mentioned how much I love this guy? Night in and night out, he brings it to the ice.) Overtime, however, hasn't been very kind to the Islanders, and the man who had won it for the Caps in a previous OT game against New York- Ovechkin, who else?- won it once more, once again on the PP (with Brendan Witt in the box again- deja vu, much?). So goes another loss, but this time just an overtime one, and for their hard work the Isles are able to get a point in a game that I unfortunately missed because of AP English. Next game, they will hopefully get their first win of the year 2009.

No comments: